The Vista West condo, formerly named the West Pointe Plaza is steps away from the C-Train on 7th Avenue, and has some comfortable and conventional floor plans. It is barely visible, with no identifiable markings except for the address “683” if you happen to glance upward.
VISTA WEST CONDO
The Vista West condo is nestled in among the Axxis on the East, Tarjan Place on the North and Discovery Pointe on the Northwest, and Westmount Place on the South. The high-rise Condominium is located at 683 10th Street SW, Calgary. It is right off the 7th Avenue C-Train route, so you can’t beat that for easy access. There are a number of retail establishments on the main floor, and proximity to the C-Trains is unsurpassed.
Brrrrr……it was chilly on theis day… The Vista West condo was designed by Stantec Architecture Ltd. and built by Point of View Developments in 2001. It is twenty-one stories high. The two Penthouse Units on the 21st floors and the larger suites on the 19th and 20th Floors have spectacular views from the spectacular and recognizable “crown” which can be seen in the photo below. Most of the West facing units have a great view of the Bow River and Rocky Mountains. The North facing units look into Tarjan Pointe and on the East, an office tower.
There are two “Richard” wood-finished elevators in the Vista West. There is a good selection of floor plans and sizes, with most leaning toward a more traditional layout, which is kind of nice to see. Visitors of the Vista West are first welcomed to a pleasing and beautiful water feature and then directed to the elevators in behind it.
On the second floor of the Vista West condo, there is a large exercise Room with adjoining steam room, and ping pong table, and as well, there is a social room which may be booked through the on-site manager’s office. There is also an adjoining treadmill room.
Vista West Condo Amenities
- Balconies with gas outlets
- Bicycle Storage
- Garbage Chutes
- Exercise Room
- Social Room
- Steam Room
- Underground Visitor Parking
Vista West Condo Features
Nice River & Mountain Views
Vista West Condo Parking
There are 126 Underground, heated parking stalls on 10 levels in the Vista West, with 9 of these on level P1 being visitor stalls. Entry to the parkade is via the alley between 6th and 7th Avenues SW. A small portion of these are assigned to the commercial units.
Photo taken from the Vista West in August of 2011 (Discovery Pointe on the right)
Joel Gwillim is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown high-rise condominiums
Condo Listings in West Poine Plaza by the C-Train
2002 683 10 Street SW in Calgary: Downtown West End Condo for sale : MLS®# C4278380$449,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,643 sq. ft.153 m2Extraordinary value in the downtown! Soaring 20 floors above the West End of the downtown core is this light & airy condo in Vista West...over 1600sqft in this popular concrete high-rise around the corner from the Downtown-West Kerby LRT station & walking distance to Bow River pathways & Shaw Millennium Park. This sun-drenched, 3 bedroom corner unit in this 22-storey air-conditioned building boasts vinyl floors throughout, granite counters & panoramic views of the city, mountains & downtown. Open concept floorplan featuring living/dining room with fireplace & wall-to-wall windows, maple kitchen with stainless steel appliances & balcony with natural gas line for your BBQ. The master bedroom has a stunning curved wall of windows & big walk-in closet, plus ensuite with granite counters & oversized shower. A 2nd full bath - also with granite counters - is shared by the 2 other bedrooms. Insuite laundry with front-loading washer & dryer, loads of storage & closet space, titled parking stall in the underground parkade is conveniently close to the elevator & monthly condo fees include heat & water-sewer. Building amenities include fitness centre, bike storage & party/meeting room, closed-circuit security cameras, high-speed elevators & drycleaners. All the convenience & benefits of downtown living at your fingertips...shopping, vibrant nightlife, restaurants & more. More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE BENCHMARK
1201 683 10 Street SW in Calgary: Downtown West End Condo for sale : MLS®# C4274967$274,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 713 sq. ft.66 m2If location is everything then you may find it here! Located just steps to the C-Train and at the West End of the downtown core you have extremely quick and easy access heading into downtown and heading out. This unit is a large 1 bedroom with a den located on the 12th floor with views of the river. Inside the unit you will find a large private entry and when you take a few more steps you will find a terrific floor plan that is the perfect space to entertain. Your living room area is huge and the oversized windows allow a tremendous amount of natural light. The patio area features a bbq space and those river views. Your master bedroom has plenty of space and 2 closets. The den area is a fantastic multi use space that could double as a guest room. This home also comes with a titled underground parking stall. Whether you are buying your first home or looking for an excellent revenue property this is a unit you will want to see. More detailsListed by RE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
304 683 10 Street SW in Calgary: Downtown West End Condo for sale : MLS®# C4272124$279,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 838 sq. ft.78 m2Are you looking for a perfectly laid out condo, just steps away from the C-Train (in the free fare zone!!) and to have one of the largest patios in the building? Then I have the perfect condo for you! This two bedroom, two full bath unit is perfect for an urban professional, a first time home buyer, a couple, a family, someone wanting an investment property - let's be honest it's basically perfect for everyone! The bright open concept floor plan is perfect for hosting, the timeless white kitchen has ample cupboard space, counter space and a breakfast bar. Off of the living room you have a large, partly covered south facing patio where there is room for a dining table and extra seating if you wanted (imagine the Stampede parties you could host!) The two spacious bedrooms are opposite each other, which is great for privacy and the unit also has in-suite laundry! There is a titled parking stall and tons of amenities within the building: gym with new equipment, sauna, hot tub, steam shower and meeting room. More detailsListed by CIR REALTY