The Vento Condo boasts a Platinum Status for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. (LEED). The Vento Condo has great appeal to friends of the earth, environmentalists and conservationists who wish to live centrally in a community setting.
The VENTO CONDO was developed by Windmill Developments, and is located in the historical and walk-friendly community of Bridgeland, at 116 7A Street NE, in Calgary, AB. Being a smaller building, there may be a scarcity of availability.
The Vento Condo incorporates energy efficient Lifebreath Heat Recovery Systems, in-floor heating, & water conserving appliances. Fresh air is circulated through every room. For this reason. Materials used in the construction are mostly renewable, bamboo flooring for example.,
Located on First Avenue, in Bridgeland which has a rich history and an abundance of popular shops, restaurants and services and the Vento Condo is exceptionally walk-friendly. Entry to the Vento Condo is via the parkade or from the back, both via an electronically secured low-speed elevator. It will seem a little unconventional when not familiar.
The Vento condo was constructed in 2006 and combines both commercial and residential condominium development on three levels, and fronts onto 1st Avenue NE. There are 20 residential two-story town-home condos units tucked away on the 2nd floor and three commercial units on the first floor which are leased out to complimentary businesses. In addition, each two-storey unit in the Vento Condo has a third level with leads up to a semi-private exclusive-use, patio area.
Unfortunately, this out of season photograph of the Vento Condo doesn’t show how pretty and compelling the 2nd floor promenade is. When the trees and flowers are in full bloom, the same scene is very lush and inviting. The walkway is stone block, and the residents enjoy a strong sense of community living. The units on the North side of the Vento Condo enjoy their own exclusive use patio, as well as a balcony, and roof-top patio which is accessible from the 3rd floor.
The rooftop patios are splendid for relaxing in the summertime, or providing an out of the way play area for the little ones.
Features of the Vento Condo
- Exterior – Brick/Wood
- Wood Frame
- Cement Foundation
- Hot Water Heating
Amenities in Vento Condo
- Rooftop Patios
- Balconies in most units
- Fireplace in some units
- Some units have assigned storage
- Schindler 2500# – 15 person capacity low-speed electronically secured elevator
- Bike Room
- LEED environmental certification
- Titled Parking
Parking in the Vento Condo
- Underground Secured Parking is accessible from 8th Street via a common ramp shared by the residents of the Bella Citta condominium on the South.
- There are 25 underground Titled parking stalls in the Vento Condo
- These include four commercial stalls & one Handicap Stall
Pets by board approval
Joel Gwillim is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Inner City Condominiums
Vento Condo Review
206 116 7A Street NE in Calgary: Bridgeland/Riverside Condo for sale : MLS®# C4270230$399,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,042 sq. ft.97 m2This Sunny 2-storey townhome in the VENTO (green building w/the LEED program) features 2 bedrooms and den (w/roughed in plumbing), 1.5 baths, titled underground parking (#206) and storage, a private 17' x 12' rooftop patio with a DOWNTOWN VIEW. Contemporary living in the heart of bustling Bridgeland with several outdoor spaces for indoor/outdoor entertaining! Steps from Starbucks, Bridgeland Market, restaurants such as Sushi ZIPANG, OEB, Blue Star Diner...schools, parks and playgrounds. This walkable community has easy access to the Bow River pathways & Bridgeland LRT, BLUSH LANE and their local Farmer's Market. Also note: radiant in-floor heating, 9' ceilings, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, bamboo flooring, sisal wool carpet & 2’ blinds. There is a patio off the living room to BBQ, terraced living as if you are at a resort! The master bedroom has a 4 piece ensuite & French doors to your private balcony. The Lifebreath Ventilator circulates fresh outdoor air to every room in your home. Roof-top patio and exteriors are the responsibility of the Condo Board. Dogs are allowed subject to board approval. Vacant for quick possession! More detailsListed by RE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS