The Orange Lofts are perfectly suited to a Dormitory type lifestyle such as young artists and musicians, or someone that just wants to be in the centre of everything.
The Orange Lofts mid-rise is situated at 535 8th Ave SE in the thriving new Community of Downtown East Village in the Calgary City Centre District. You are only a quick jaunt to the Downtown Commercial Core. There are 106 mainly one bedroom condominium lofts in the Orange Lofts and 93 parking stalls.
The Orange Lofts are just West of Murdock Manor and a little Northeast of the Arriva & Guardian condominium towers. The Orange Lofts was Batistella Developments first foray into Calgary’s High-rise condo market. Batistella buildings are almost all bare-bones with an absolute minimum in the way of upgrades. Batistella later went on to build Chocolate, Colours and finally Pixel condominiums, in that order. Batistella’s target audience is youthful buyers who are looking for living arrangements which complement their exuberant and carefree lifestyle.
The Orange Lofts is 6 stories tall. Unit holders have a front road seat to this areas complete redevelopment. As with other Batistella projects, Orange Lofts is strong on minimalist industrial architecture and the living spaces are completely configurable to be personalized to your taste. For example, bedroom closets were not incorporated into the design. The most prominent feature of the Orange Lofts is the breathtaking views afforded by the massive commercially sized window panes installed in each unit and lacquered cement floors. These units can really be done up nicely and are quite affordable too. The windows offer breathtaking views in all directions.
The Lobby in the Orange Lofts is no different and gives a strong indication of the experience one is likely to have as a owner of one of these perfectly “phat” living quarters. The main floor is occupied by a few small businesses. One of my favourites is “Here’s my Soul Cafe” which is a great dropping in spot to meet with your neighbours, discuss new ideas and generally hang out in. They feature local artists and offer an evening wine bar. I understand that the menu is delicious and the service friendly and fast.
Here’s My Soul Cafe
The Orange Lofts offers a large open-spaced Recreation Room which like everything else here is pretty basic. All windows, a sink, a few cubby holes and some old books. The Social Room exits onto a large outdoor patio, which is nicely landscaped with inlaid brick and wood planters.
The typical floor layout in the Orange Lofts is an L shaped configuration with unit numbers 8 to 15 being on the West side and units 1 to 7 being on the East side of the two elevators
Below is a typical floor layout for the Orange Lofts. You can see the area is now going through a complete transformation and in a year or two will be completely redeveloped with a number of high-rise condominium towers.
Features/Amenities in the Orange Lofts
- 18’ ceilings
- Exposed vents and piping
- Two electronically accessible secured elevators
- Polished concrete floors with carpet in Bedroom Loft
- Nearby C-train, City Hall & Calgary Stampede
- Recreation Room
- Rooftop Patio
- In-suite laundry
- Affordable Downtown living
- Balcony on Some Units
Parking in the Orange Lofts
- 93 Secure Underground Exclusive Use Parking Stalls on two levels
- Visitor Parking on the street
Condo Fees Include
Pets subject to board approval which may not be unreasonably withheld
Qualified buyers please call to arrange for a showing of one of these exciting condominium lofts in the Orange Lofts. Sellers please call to offer your unit for sale and have it listed here.
Joel Gwillim is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
403 535 8 Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4271528$238,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 561 sq. ft.52 m2This industrial-style loft in the East Village is the perfect home for an inner-city lifestyle. Easy walking or biking distance from your favourite shops and restaurants, and only 4 blocks away from the river valley path system, this unit features exposed concrete ceilings & beams, a 16-foot wall of windows and a staircase with metal detailing. Organization is a breeze with 9 Foot California closets in the bedroom and the added convenience of in-suite laundry gives you more time to explore this vibrant downtown community. Also included is your own balcony for weekend relaxation, a common party room, a storage locker to keep clutter down and a shared rooftop patio. Your condo fees include heat, electricity and water. More detailsListed by ROYAL LEPAGE MISSION REAL ESTATE
418 535 8 Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4262458$245,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 637 sq. ft.59 m2The first rule in Real Estate – “Location” – well we certainly have that. The second rule – "Lifestyle" – and we have that in spades!! The Orange Lofts are so close to the epi-center of the East Village, you may just hear its heart beat. This industrial style loft is made bright by the south exposure & abundance of windows. The square footage is maximized by an efficient floor plan that positions the upper bedroom away from the living room to maximize privacy while offering your guests space for your weekend get togethers. Walking distance to the River Walk, new Library, LRT, Studio Bell & all of the funky shops & restaurants of the East Village are just steps away. This unit is highlighted by exposed concrete ceilings, floors, columns plus a stackable in-suite laundry!! If you like being part of a vibe that you can’t find elsewhere, if you love being able to walk to transit, shops and restaurants & if you are looking for a home that speaks to your style then this home may be your home. More detailsListed by RE/MAX LANDAN REAL ESTATE
214 535 8 Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS®# C4224940$358,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 807 sq. ft.75 m2Welcome to Orange Lofts in the trendy and vibrant community of East Village. A renovated industrial style end unit with over 800 sqft of living space. Polished concrete flooring leads to the renovated kitchen with stainless steel appliances and open restaurant style shelves. Soaring ceilings in the living room and a large south facing window with a clear view of the stampede grounds and an abundance of natural light. Retire upstairs to the spacious bedroom with custom barn door to the walk in closet. Unit comes with an underground parking space and storage. The building has a roof top patio and party room. Pets are allowed with board approval. Walk to the new library, river paths and the downtown core. Don’t miss this opportunity and call for your viewing today! More detailsListed by 2% REALTY