The location is edgy and high energy, just what you might expect, in the shadows of the Keynote condominiums, across the street from the Sunterra Market and a block East of the Mustard Seed. The Imperial Lofts are one of the original historically significant warehouses which were later converted to residential condominiums.
If you have ever dreamed about owning your own dormitory style Warehouse Loft, these are indeed a rare find. The Imperial Lofts are located at 220 11th Ave SE in historical Victoria Park, in the Beltline Community of the City Centre District in Calgary, AB.
As might be expected, a trip to the Imperial Lofts is as much as an adventure as can be. There are all sorts of twists and turns around every corner, so you will need to allow for extra time if you want to really explore your potential purchase. The condos in the Imperial Lofts can vary from the drab to the magnificent. I have seen some rather poor development in some units, which is dated and substandard, and in other units the upgrades have been incredible. Whichever there is infinite possibilities for those with imagination, taste and a flair for wide open spaces.
The entrance to the Imperial Lofts is rich woodwork and marble, sort of what one might expect from a building so rich in history. One can imagine the comings and goings of all manners of business people and fortunes made and lost in days gone by.
The lobby of the Imperial Lofts is of course expansive. I would guess the ceilings to be about 14’ high, and the original brickwork is kept intact. As building is very old, it may not have much appeal to the average buyer who is looking for something pristine. It is a special building for buyers with special taste and in this respect it can be quite appealing and unique.
There is a door off to the right of the elevator which takes you to the main floor units, and also to an underground parkade and private garages titled to some of the units.
The single elevator will escort you to your floor, being four in total, not including the basement. If you are thinking high speed, think again, but the elevator is in good condition. There are 22 living units in the Imperial Lofts with the second, third and fourth floors each having six, and on the main floor there are only four units, the most Northerly being the largest in the building.
There is a well equipped exercise room in the amenities area from the 2nd floor. It is about one of the brightest and well equipped exercise rooms I have seen.
The Imperial Lofts has a very cool, comfortably arranged games room available for residents. The many common areas are spacious and seem almost never-ending! There is also a ping-pong table and dart board, along with a fully equipped kitchen, with which to pacify your guests, and even an raised loft which seems to serve no real apparent purpose but offers possibilities. The social rooms seem well enough away from the residences so as to not disturb the other occupants.
Features and Amenities of the Imperial Lofts
- Concrete and brick construction
- Excellent Location in the heart of Victoria Park
- Steps from Sunterra Grocery Market and transportation routes
- Very high ceilings with exposed venting and pipes
- Large industrial sized windows for generous amount of sunlight
- Some units with gas fireplace
- Underground parking
- Exercise Room
- Games Room
- Entertainment room with fully equipped kitchen
- Additional Storage lockers outside of unit
- Wheelchair Accessible
Parking in the Imperial Lofts
- 22 Titled Secure underground parking stalls on one level
- 7 Additional exclusive use garages with overhead door
Condo Fees Include
Pets by approval of the board
I do not offer tours of the Imperial Loft, but will show any of the active listings listed below to pre-qualified buyers who are not already working with another agent under the terms of a written service agreement, and have a keen interest in loft-style condominiums.
Joel Gwillim is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
105 220 11 Avenue SE in Calgary: Beltline Condo for sale : MLS®# C4275755$799,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,322 sq. ft.123 m2YYC meets NYC in this jaw-dropping downtown residence. Rare opportunity to own a unique piece of Calgary’s history. Originally built in 1912 for the Imperial Tobacco Co. this 1,300 sf industrial loft will exceed your expectations. Original charm + thoughtful modern design are highlighted in the kitchen that is built into the original elevator shaft. Professional grade kitchen includes stainless steel appliances, butcher block countertops, stainless steel backsplash and high gloss cabinetry. 14’ ceilings + all white interior is accented by sleek new black trim windows, exposed red brick, concrete and copper pipes. Be the envy of downtown with access to the 14ft exclusive use patio featuring gas bbq hook up, matte black metal fence with privacy screen. The largest unit in the building, this corner unit offers 2 full bathrooms, 2 sleeping areas (murphy bed), heated attached garage w TESLA charger, vintage-style radiators imported from U.K and full AC. Walking distance to Saddle Dome, LRT and Sunterra. More detailsListed by CHARLES